Monday, March 5, 2018

March 5th 2018, See ya soon!

And for the last time in 18 months…

Hello Everyone!

Writing this feels so unreal and I can't believe I come home in few days. How did the time go by so fast? Wasn’t I just in the MTC with Sister Tinoco making a fool of myself in roleplays and literally praying 24/7 that God would help me because I had no idea what I was doing? Maybe it was yesterday because I’m still constantly making an absolute fool of myself and I rely on my Savior more now than ever before. My mission has been the most enjoyable, difficult, heartbreaking, rewarding 18 months of my life. I have seen people I love stumble and go through huge trials (to be honest some seemed impossible to overcome) but as they learned about the gospel and they actually began to live the teachings of Jesus Christ their lives began to change.  This gospel allows us to become better, find hope and a joy we didn’t know existed. This has been the best time of my life and I can’t comprehend being released and not serving around these people anymore.

Yesterday at church I was able to bear my testimony with our 10 year old investigator Ella. We walked up together and after a bit of arguing at the pulpit over who would go first  she made me. I can’t express the love I felt for her and for the whole congregation though as I stood their with Ella at my side squeezing my hand and testifying of Jesus Christ. Ella bore her simple powerful testimony on knowing the church is true and it made me cry so hard. These are the moments on my mission that make the rejection and heartache worth it.  

Ahh I don’t even know what to say.

I guess I will just end with my simple testimony.
I know our Heavenly Father loves us and knows us each individually. Over the course of my mission I have been in the homes of the saints and non members and God has his hand in all of their lives. He knows what is best for us and what will allow us to grow and become greater. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on the earth. I know that through the prophet Joseph Smith that Christs church was restored and miracles and prophecies continue to come forth today. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It teaches and testifies of Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer and as we read it our lives will be filled with the spirit. I know that President Nelson is the prophet on the earth today and he holds the keys to lead and guide us. But most important I know that Jesus Christ IS my Savior. He died for us but he lives again and he is completely aware of everything we are going through.

I love you all to the moon and back.

See ya real real soon!

Love,
Sister Nye

We hit our 2 week mark as a companionship again last Saturday.


 Stress eating Chinese food

 Recent convert, Kai Kamala, and our ward mission leader Brother Bradshaw

Playing jenga last night with our investigator Hailee

 Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment