Monday, November 13, 2017

November 13, 2017

Hola everyone!

I have literally no clue what this email will contain. I am pretty drugged up from my cold medication. Having a cold on a mission is kinda the worst because you are still capable of working so you just have to keep fighting through it and hope and pray that it will go away the next day when you wake up. That hasn't happened so far but maybe tomorrow. 
Sister Harris was sick all week which is how I got sick but luckily Sister Hay is doing great and keeping us afloat. Every single night we would get home and all of us would just crash from exhaustion. 

I really learned that Heavenly Father will help us get done the things we need to if we keep going and put one foot in front of the other. There were a lot of times this weekend where I wanted to stay in and I felt like I couldn't keep going but I prayed that I would be able to work hard and somehow the Lord gave me the energy to make it through our hectic weekend. This work is so important to me and it has changed my life. There are so many people that need to feel loved and need service and it brings me so much joy that I get to be an instrument in Gods hands to bring this message to his children here in El Paso. 

The L family is doing really good. They finally made it to church yesterday and I was so happy I could have cried. They showed up late and I was so bummed. I thought they weren't coming which would have meant they couldn't be baptized and my heart was just breaking but they walked in right when the sacrament song was being sung and it was the highlight of my week. They have all been reading and praying which means their testimonies are growing!

Funny story for the week. We went to teach our new investigator Manny who is just a nerd 100%. There is no other way to explain him. Anyways he is atheist and his prayers are slightly awkward just because he has never had a relationship with God before. At the end of his lesson he closed with a prayer super similar to this "Hey God, its me manny. So uh thanks for the sisters, they are pretty cool I guess. Oh and thanks for the peanut butter. I didn't realize how much I missed it...."
And to top it off he came to church yesterday with his little hospital mask on because he told us his allergies were bad from the weeds in El Paso.... love the kid.

Sorry this is a weird email. haha. Just know I love you all a lot. 

Love,

Sister Nye

picture of me and my favorite mini van Mama Blanca
.

No comments:

Post a Comment