Tuesday, November 21, 2017

November 20, 2017

Hello Loved ones!!!! 

I hope everyone is getting excited for all the food on Thanksgiving! I can hardly wait for stuffing. For those who didn't know I used to eat a box of stuffing after seminary almost every day my senior year of high school. It is da best. 

This week was really great. We are finally out of the woods with the cold and flu and back to normal. We had some really powerful lessons and finally made some breakthroughs with the people we are teaching. For example we have been teaching our investigator Amanda for couple weeks and although she was keeping the commitment we would leave here we could always tell it wasn't hitting her spiritually like we would have hoped. We had a good discussion with our district about what we could do to help her feel the importance of this message on a spiritual level and not just an intellectual level. We decided that the best things we could do was talk about her identity and help her to see the changes that have already taken place in her life since she started to live the gospel. She told us she has notice a change in herself. She is more patient with her coworkers and she is trying to see the good in everyone. She also said she has been praying more and not because she promised us she would but because she is actually finding peace from it.At the end we felt prompted to share a verse from Alma 5

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?

She paused and couldn't quite decide what to say. She told us the scripture really touched her heart and she wanted to ponder it for the next week and get back to us. Our outcome was met and she felt the spirit. 

I am nowhere close to where I need to be spiritually but I can see the difference from where I was a year ago to now. My testimony cannot be shaken and every day I try to take upon myself the countenance of Christ. I am so grateful for my savior and all He has done for me and my loved ones. I'm so excited to start this holiday season focused on my Savior. 

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much! 

Sister Nye

Sister Nye, Jimmy, Sister Hay and Sister Harris

Sister Nye and Sister Harris 

MLC in Albuquerque

No comments:

Post a Comment