Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11, 2017

HELLOOOOOO!

Well the time has comeeeeeeee! I am leaving El Paso and heading up to Albuquerque! I will we serving in the Woodmont ward and West Mesa YSA! My new companion will be Sister Peterson and I have had a couple opportunities to meet her and she is so sweet so I am really excited. I leave Wednesday for the trip up north. I am going to flippin freeze to death because I heard it snowed up there this week and I don't know how I am going to handle that. I get cold in the 70's now.......

And I apologize now for whatever will be typed in this email... I am all over the place because of how excited I am for this week and Christmas!!!

This week was hectic and awesome! Xochi got baptized and she was soooo cute! She was so ready to be baptized and a lot of the ward came to support her so that was really nice. Buddy S and Killian T surprised me this week!! Having them both in the same room was super overwhelming so I obviously started crying which is funny because then Buddy gave me a note that said "to: the emotional one". He knows me so well. They are doing so good and I cant believe it has almost been a year since they were baptized. Buddy should be taking out his endowment soon and Killian will be after his deployment. I am just so grateful for them and that they chose to cling to the gospel. ahhh it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. 

Another cool thing we did was go Christmas caroling as a zone in downtown El paso at the Plaza. We passed out over 300 pass along cards! Christmas this year has been a lot different than last. First, it is going by way faster.(they are not kidding when they say the last 6 months of your mission flies by). Second, my testimony of Jesus Christ has evolved so much. Every time I read King Benjamins prophecy in Mosiah 3 I feel so grateful for our Savior and how much he loves us. It says:

For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.
And he shall cast out devils, or the evil spirits which dwell in the hearts of the children of men.
And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.
And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary. 

This prophecy was given 124 years before Christ came. He knew what he would face when He came here, maybe not to the full extent of pain he would feel, but he loved us enough to suffer for each of us personally. 

I know my Savior lives and loves all of us. I am grateful for his sacrifice and because of him we can have joy! 

I love you all!

Sister Nye









No comments:

Post a Comment