Monday, December 18, 2017

December 18, 2017

HELLO EVERYONE!

I made it in one piece to Albuquerque the land of... not a lot of Hispanics. I just came from a place where two sets of Spanish missionaries cover the same area as one English ward and now I am in ABQ where one set of Spanish missionaries cover two ENTIRE stakes. How the tables have turned.

This email is going to be real quick update! So far I love it up here! The missionary work is way different but the members are really nice and want to be involved a ton. We had a family signed up to carol with us every night last week so that was really cool. I haven't been here to long so I can't say to much about how teaching is going but we has some potential investigators and a couple solid investigators that we just need to make the time to see and contact.

Ever since I got here I have fallen asleep praying every single night because I am completely exhausted but I wouldn't have it any other way! My new companion Sister Peterson is a sweet heart has has been such a big help! She really loves the people in our ward and branch! that alone makes the work so good. When you have a love for the people it is so much easier to give everything and serve them! 

Hopefully next week I will have more to report on but for now just now I am loving this time up here in the freezing cold.

I love the church. I love that it is the same and just as true anywhere you go in the world. It is a testimony to me that our Lord is at the head of this church and he loves all of us regardless of where we are. I know Heavenly Father loves us so much and that is why he gave is His son for us. In Luke chapter 2 it talks about Heavenly hosts coming and praising God. I know we were present at that event. This week is a time to celebrate our Savior because he did what he said he would come and do! BECAUSE of HIM we can overcome anything and everything!

I love you all so much!!! MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS!!

Love,
Sister Nye

Sister and comps up at NM mission office on Wednesday night

Sister Peterson and I

 Crazy Christmas house that blinds you as you go by


No comments:

Post a Comment