Monday, December 12, 2016

Hey all my loved ones,

This week was crazy and i'll just start off with what happened last pday..

Sister Hazen and I went to a salon so she could get her hair colored and I was thinking about getting my hair trimmed. Our recent convert Hilda worked at the salon as the receptionist so everything was free. I need a trim so I went for it....and right at the first snip I knew something went wrong. A 2 inch trim turned into an 8 inch haircut. I put on my poker face and said I loved it even though I was dying inside. We left the salon after 5 hours and went straight to Walmart so I could buy a pint of icecream. I was doing so good until dinner that night when a member pulled my hair out from my jacket and said "what happened". I instantly started crying and felt like such a baby. When we got home that night I got into my bed with my icecream and ate the whole thing in silence. The next day Elder Pearson of the seventy came to our mission and taught us for 6 hours. I got so much out of it but I also got a huge slap in the face for how worldly I had been about my hair. Its just hair and it will grow back...

The rest of our week was awesome! We have been working and praying so hard to find people to teach and it worked! We got two new investigators and as far as we can tell they are pretty solid! ALSO we had three investigators at church!

My favorite experience this week was when we stopped by a less active member who hasn't been able to be contacted in a year. Roshin's mom isn't a member but she answered the door and let us in which was a miracle. The reason he stopped coming is because he had heard anti Mormon things and no longer believed because of the doubts he had. We were able to clear them up and his whole continence changed! He was willing to hear a Christmas message and pray with us. We invited him to church and he came with then biggest smile on his face. 

Last night we had a lesson with a young man named Diego. He is super smart and we weren't sure how serious he was about learning the Gospel but at the end of the Restoration lesson everyone was tearing up and he told us that he would give the Book of Mormon a shot. Diego has been baptized before and from the beginning he would tell us he didn't need to be baptized again but after that lesson he understood that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has the authority so baptize that no other church has. I love when that finally clicks for people. This is not just another church that gives people a reason to be kind to others. This is the only church that will get us back to Heavenly Father with our families! 

I know this church is true. I don't have a single doubt. 

I love you so much!

Love,

Sister Nye
 PS once again so sorry this email is not good. I get super hyper on p days and can't think straight ;)

These pictures are after the "dramatic" haircut (Mom's words- not Hayley's)

No comments:

Post a Comment