Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Hi loved ones!

This week started really slow but ended on a really good note.

On Tuesday night we had a lesson planned with our new investigator Diego and we were soo excited because all of our plans fell through that day. We started the lesson like normal and he told us he read the chapter from the Book of Mormon we gave him and received a lot of revelation and inspiration. Sister Hazen was stoked and asked him what he received and he said "The revelation I received is that I don't need this gospel. I don't need a checklist to get into Heaven." I think my jaw dropped. I don't know where he is getting his revelation from. After telling us we all just sat their and he told us he was surprised by our reaction and he expected that we would yell at him....nope we were just sad. 
While we were walking back to our car Sis Hazen said something that I have been pondering all week. She said "He just doesn't understand. We aren't going to church or reading our scriptures so we can check something off of a list. We do it because we are so thankful for everything Heavenly Father and our Savior did for us. We go to church to worship and praise them because we want to, not because we have to. "
If everyone understood that this world would be a much different place. Nobody makes us take the sacrament and if you are looking at it as a chore then you don't understand what it is. The sacrament is 100% a gift for us that we get to receive every week. 

On Wednesday we started teaching Buddy!! He was a referral from a member in our ward. He has no religious background and knows nothing about Jesus so it was a completely blank slate. The lesson was awesome and since we were having such a blah couple of days Sis Hazen and I were hyper. At the end of the lesson he pointed at Sis Hazen and said "you're the bubbly one" and then he pointed at me and said "and you're the emotional one." I cant disagree with him. Every time I talked I started crying. 
Our next lesson with him was the Plan of Salvation and he said it was the first time heaven has made sense. He is now on date to be baptized on January 7th! WOOOHOO! On Sunday he was driving home to Florida for Christmas (22 hours drive) but he first came to all three hours of church! 

Nothing else to exciting happened. We finished planning Killians baptism, went caroling with the senior missionaries and ate a lot of junk food (hot Cheetos and cheese) between knocking doors.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas! You don't even understand how much I want to give you all a hug. Thank you all for the Christmas cards! I think one day I got 20 and I started tearing up.. haha. I'm such a baby.

I love you. I miss you. 

Love,

Sister Nye


No comments:

Post a Comment