Monday, December 5, 2016

Hi all my loved ones!

I can't believe it is December. How did that happen? I am so glad to be on a mission during this season though. Our number one way to contact last week was using mormon.org and the new Christmas video. If you haven't seen Light the World I would really recommend it. It has really changed my view on what it means to be Christlike. The other thing I noticed while watching it is how many miracles we see today without noticing them. I was reading in 3 Nephi this week about the sign that was given for Christ birth and how at first the Nephites were astonished by the signs and miracles but they were quick to forget them. It even says in 3 Nephi 2

"...and the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a sign or wonder from heaven."

I hope this Christmas we remember the signs we have been given.

Our week was busy and we were able to be apart of our stakes nativity event! We got to be Angles in the live nativity with the rest of zone. The spirit was so strong and it was such a perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit!  I played the part of main angel... no big deal ;) but I missed my

que during the second performance and it was so awkward. I was talking to a lady back stage, totally distracted when my companion pushed me out of the curtain in front of 200 people half way through my part. I was red but I learned to pay attention so that's always good. 

We got a new investigator this week named Ben. We met him before family home evening a couple weeks ago in the Walmart parking lot. Sister Hazen invited him to the activity and I was totally doubting if he would come be he did. This week we had a lesson with him and he totally accepted everything we taught him. He told us he couldn't wait to read the Book of Mormon. I don't know how we keep getting blessed with such prepared people. 

Sorry this email is short. I spent a little more time talking to my family and procrastinated this group email. haha but I really do hope you all have a great week! I will try to be better next week!

I love you all so much! 

Love,

Sister Nye 

No comments:

Post a Comment