Monday, February 20, 2017

AHHHHHHHHHH,

Hi loves of my life.....I am so stressed and excited. I got a call from my mission president this week and he asked me to train a new missionary. I wasn't expecting it at all. I thought for sure Sister Plitt and I would be together another transfer but nope. The Lord has other plans for us. I will be staying in YSA and Sister Plitt is going up to Albuquerque. I honestly feel like I have only been with her for a week. Transfers go by so fast...
If anyone has any tips for training please let me know! I wasn't able to be on the trainer conference call that my mission president gave so I kinda feel in the dark! 

Eric and Grecia got Baptized on Saturday!! Both had beautiful baptisms. Grecia is super shy so only wanted her mom and aunt and those that needed to be there for the ordinance to attend. There was such a special spirit there.
Eric brought his whole family and they all took Books of Mormon so we will see if anything good comes out of that!! I have been waiting for his baptism for months now and had had tears in my eyes the entire time. Eric was my first lesson in the field and it has been so crazy/amazing to see this change in his life!

Well tomorrow is going to be crazy. I drop off sister Plitt at 1:50 and pick up the new sister. Everyone Pray that she will enjoy her first week! The first day is exhausting and overwhelming so she will need lots of prayers but I know she will find so much joy in this work!! I cannot wait to see her reaction when she teaches her first lesson and the investigator feels the spirit. It is truly the best feeling out there!

Love,

Sister Nye

A little Tribute to Elder Barnard:

Roses:
-Staying YSA
-Eric and Grecias baptisms
-training a new missionary

Thorns:
-Buddy and Killian are moving this week.
-Sister Plitt is leaving me
-A centipede was in our apartment and Sister Plitt made me Vacuum every room while she stood on a chair screaming.  







No comments:

Post a Comment