Monday, February 27, 2017

Hi Loves,

This week has been really good and its all because my companion is the sweetest thing that has ever happened to this planet. Her name is Sister Vasquez and she is from Utah...of course. She is straight from the MTC and she is going to be a powerhouse/she already is. The members love her and you cant help but fall in love with her when you see her.

Training has been interesting haha. I do not feel qualified at all but I am praying that Sister Vasquez will be able to learn and we will be able to grow together. We have been role playing a lot and I have been learning so much from it...probably more than she is. I am excited to see what happens in these next couple of weeks as she begins to break out her shell!

I hope this was the right thing to do but I threw her right into teaching and we have only gone tracting once for an hour. I love teaching and being busy because it makes time go by and it feels like we are fulfilling our purpose. 

We have been taking a family history class so that in the near future we will be able to teach our own class at UTEP and use it as a finding activity. The institute here also put together a council that Sister Vasquez and I can go on campus and set of a table that says "Talk with a Mormon" hahaha...We have been told that there has been some success in our mission doing just that on other college campuses.

This Saturday we got to attend the stakes women's conference and the theme was "Hope in Christ". I left so uplifted and optimistic. I love hope. Whenever we share the plan of Salvation we always emphasize the JOY and HOPE that comes from it. A scripture I have been sharing a lot lately is Mosiah 4:6-7 because it talks about the knowledge we have of the goodness of God. I hope you are all able to ponder your testimony. How bless we are to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father and he has created a plan for us so that we can return to live with him and our families forever. I know that this life is not the end and although we face many challenges and trials that this is but a small moment and through Jesus Christ we are able to have peace. This is where my hope comes from. 

I love you all so much!

Love

Sister Nye






No comments:

Post a Comment