Monday, February 13, 2017

Hello Everyone that I love so much and hope have the best Valentines day ever,

A lot happened this week which is always the best because sitting idle on a mission makes minutes feel like hours. I got to take a trip up to Albuquerque for a training and it was so much fun and I learned a lot. It was super weird to be out of my area though since I haven't left El Paso in 4 months. It almost felt like a different planet. Also another bonus of the trip was that I got to see my wonderful trainer Sister Hazen! I have missed her so much and it felt like a dream to see her again.

We have been teaching a lot but instead of teaching people who have a lot of desire to change we have been teaching people who want to learn what mormons believe. I have learned a lot this week about the difference the Holy Ghost can make in the lives of those who want to repent vs those that just want information. I was reminded that I can only bring the spirit to them and that it is their job to allow him into their hearts. 

My companion and I have been planning a family history night for our recent converts and they are all so excited. Sadly Killian and Buddy are moving at the end of the month(downside of ysa) but they surprised us yesterday and told us they are planning to go to the temple next week to do baptisms for the dead. I love seeing them progress in the gospel. It makes my heart so happy and I know these steps they are taking now is going to strengthen their faith.

Eric and Grecias baptisms for Saturday are officially planned! It is such a sigh of relief, especially for Eric. He is still in shock that he gets to be baptized!

AHHH sorry I have to leave so I got to cut this short!

I love you all!!

Sister Nye





No comments:

Post a Comment