Monday, March 27, 2017

I just want to start my letter with how much I love all of you. Honestly I can't put into words how blessed I have been. A mission is a great way to meet lots of people you normally wouldn't have talked to or befriend but it also allows you to see some pretty sad family circumstances. I just feel overwhelmed with joy thinking about my childhood and the people I was surrounded by growing up. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without each and every one of you.

This week was so good! So many random miracles that just blow my mind. For instance I was on exchanges with the hermana's this weekend and we went to stop by a former who ended up not being home. On the way to his house we had walked by a lady in her front yard gardening who to be honest wasn't the nicest person I have ever met but she is a child of God so I love her. Anyways.. we didn't want to walk past her again so we decided to walk around the block to get to our car. On our way a young man pulled off to the side of the road and popped the hood of his car. We went over to talk to him and it turns out he had grown up LDS but fell away in high school. He has bright green hair and awesome tattoo's. We asked him if he would ever think about coming back to church and he thought it was a great idea and asked if he could invite his rapper friends. Here is my favorite part of the story. The reason he pulled over right at that time was because he thought he had seen smoke coming from his car and when he checked under the hood everything was fine and there was no smoke. I cannot believe the ways Heavenly Father works just so we will meet people. 
(it's crazy to me that these are real stories that happen in my life)  

While weekly planning we got a text from one of our investigators asking if she could move her baptism date sooner. So Instead of getting baptized one April 15th she is actually getting baptized this Sunday after conference. She originally thought she wasn't quite ready but then realized she didn't want to hold herself back from receiving the blessings that come after baptism. If only you could have seen me jump up from my chair and start dancing when when I read the text she sent us. 

We had our Sunday that No One Missed yesterday! Normally we have 60-70 ysa on average each week but we had 91 yesterday!!! It was so cool to have a full chapel. ahh.... 

I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!!!

Love,

Sister Nye





No comments:

Post a Comment