Monday, April 17, 2017

I just wanted to write my simple testimony today since yesterday was Easter and I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for my Savior.

I know Heavenly Father loves each one of us so much and he fully intends for all of his children to make it back to him and that is why he gave us the plan of salvation and central to that plan is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know Jesus Christ lives and because of him everything is possible and death has no sting. I hope everyone reading this email can understand the peace and hope that message brings. We will live again and more importantly we will live again with our family and loved ones. My brother got sealed (married) this weekend so I have been pondering the idea of eternal families a lot.  I cannot express how thankful I am to God that I get to be with the people I love forever. 

We will all make mistakes or go through trials but because of Christ we can change and be healed. I love repentance and I feel like I have come to understand what it means a lot better while on my mission. We are able to repent everyday. Anything that causes us to turn towards our Savior is repentance. My favorite way to explain it is as a daily course correction. By no means are we supposed to be perfect in this life but Heavenly Father sure wants us to try our hardest.
There is a way back home to Heavenly Father and the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints provides the path. This is the way and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ is our way.

I love you all so much! I hope you are all able to find peace in our Savior and feel the love he has for you!

Love,

Sister Nye







No comments:

Post a Comment