Monday, September 11, 2017

"Call me Sister JJ"

Hello loved ones!!

JJ, Nic and Jazon got baptized this weekend and it was awesome!!! So many ward members came to support them. Yesterday they got confirmed members of the church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. Before JJ sat down after being welcomed into the ward she turned around to the whole congregation and went "WHOOHOO". Classic JJ. Everyone was laughing and she was smiling from ear to ear. I cannot wait to see what is in this families future. They were promised some really great blessing when they got confirmed. I love them!

Will came to their baptism and it really helped settle his nerves. He has made a really good friend in our ward name Bill Baggs(pretty much my best friend) and I've adopted the two of them as my mission grandpas. Whenever they see each other for lessons they put their arms around each other and say "You're a good guy Will." "You're a good guy Bill." Will gets baptized this weekend so keep him in your prayers.

OHH FUNNY STORY: 
We went to stop by a potential investigator named Tony this week and we were fortunate enough to meet his very drunk friend Frank. Frank is in his 50's and he was asking us advice for what to do since his wife was mad at him for drinking. We tried our best to help him but he wasn't all there. Fast forward 10 minutes and I'm setting up and appointment with Tony to stop by again. In my peripheral vision I see Tony reach over to touch sister Olson Stomach and he says "Are you pregnant?" I tried so hard to keep it together but it was so funny. She slapped his hand away and told him no but he said "Don't lie to me." First off sister Olson is so thin so obviously he was oblivious and second WHO DOES THAT? We got back in our car to drive home and Sister Olson was just screaming. I texted our whole zone and called the zone leaders just because it was too good to keep to myself. Now pretty much the ward knows and there was a sticky note on our car yesterday that said "are you pregnant?" man good times.... I love the mission. (Also Sister Olson thinks this is funny so don't worry)

I love you all so much!! I hope you are having a great week!! 

Love,
Sister Nye





No comments:

Post a Comment