Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 2, 2018

HOW IS IT 2018?! 
Okay guys this is so crazy. I cannot believe another year has gone by. The time is flying so fast. Blah...its it getting kinda stressful. Chills are literally going through my body. 

Well hello everyone and happy new year! 

It has been a pretty normal week. Holidays don't feel like they used to but they are still great in a different way. Our investigators are doing good and three of them are on date for baptism. If everything goes right this week we should have a baptism for our investigator Johnny on Friday. I haven't been here to long but it is crazy to see the difference that has come in these peoples lives already. 

We also got to go on exchanges and I got to be with Sister Vasquez! It was so fun to be with her again. It felt just like old times but we are a lot better missionaries now than we were almost a year ago. 

On Sunday we had to be back in our apartment by 6 pm for new years eve and we couldn't leave until this morning... I don't know if any of you remember me doing that last year for something called "a day with the Lord" and I read the entire Book of Mormon in 16 hours. It was the same thing but the activities were different. Instead it was more a time of reflection. I had 13 envelopes over the course of the 1 1/2 days to open and each had a conference talk or scriptures to read with a list of questions to answer. One of my favorite envelopes revolved around my patriarchal blessing and the inspiration I could receive from it.

There was also a scripture found in one of the envelopes that I really liked. It's Helaman 8:14-15 and it says:

"14 Yea, did he not bear record that the Son of God should come? And as he lifted up the brazen serpent in the wilderness, even so shall he be lifted up who should come.

15 And as many as should look upon that serpent should live, even so as many as should look upon the Son of God with faith, having a contrite spirit, might live, even unto that life which is eternal."

I feel so grateful for my savior. I know because of him we will all live again. I have been able to see the gospel of Jesus Christ change lives, even my own. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much and he wants us to have ALL the blessing he has. That is why he created this plan for us. He wants us to be happy and he wants us to find joy. Life can be absolutely crazy and the world is getting darker and darker but I know that we can find peace through this gospel. I honestly have no idea where I would be with out my Savior. He is everything to me which makes me want to do everything I can do in return for him. 

Sorry this email is short but I gotta go!

I love you all so much!!!

Sister Nye




No comments:

Post a Comment