Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 12, 2018

Well this week was absolutely random.

To start off the beginning of the week was pretty normal/ average missionary week but then all the sudden things went cray and around Thursday night I ended up in fetal position lying on a tile floor eating a pint of rocky road ice cream at a members house with the whole family staring at me. It was great.......okay backing up to what happened. 

So Thursday morning we had a trainer trainee meeting with our mission president and it was great! Before the meeting started President Guffey asked me how sister Guy was doing and I told him she still had the constant headaches. That was literally the whole conversation. Fast forward to 4 pm. We are weekly planning and sister Guy starts getting low on energy so falls asleep on the floor right when our phone starts ringing and its president Guffey. I answered and he told me sister Guy would be going on an exchange (alright cool) down to El Paso(thats different and far away for an exchange) for 1 1/2 months or longer(WHAT KIND OF EXCHANGE IS THAT?!?!). At this point I go into a bit of shock and sister Guy just starts crying because she was groggy but just started to put together what was happening. President told us she would be leaving the next morning and there wasn't a plan for me yet. Well Friday morning we took her to the mission office and I got in the car with my STL's. I wanted to continue working in my area so I went on splits all day with Kassidy from YSA. The next day I went out with my STL's in their area and then around 4 pm on Saturday we went back to the mission office to pick up.....SISTER HARRIS! We have now been together for 2 days and we are having a party. 

We gave talks in church yesterday and taught seminary this morning and pretty much winging everything we do BUT we have made it through the weekend so we are counting it all as a success. I haven't heard back from sister Guy but I am praying that she is feeling better down south and learning a lot. I miss her so much but I am trusting in God that this is what needed to happen. 
I was able to get a blessing Friday night and it brought so much comfort. Honestly don't know how I would survive without the priesthood in my life. I am grateful for all the tools and gifts on Heavenly Father gives us to make life better and more enjoyable. We have already been able to see miracles with new investigators and less active families that allowed us to come in and share a message. I am trying to put all my trust in God and learn all the things I need to while I have time out here. 

In my talk yesterday I spoke on the Holy Ghost and the role he has played in my life. The Holy Ghost has been my comforter and constant companion. My mission has taught me to listen to the still small voice and seek his guidance... especially weeks like this that don't go exactly as planned. I know this church is true and I know God is always looking out for us and helping us! 

I love you all! 

Love,
Sister Nye

PS HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!


impulsively giving sister Guy bangs at 10 pm Wednesday night. 

Killian and Laci surprised me at church yesterday

splits with Kassidy


early morning seminary with sister Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment