Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hello everyone!!

I had another wonderful week in the MTC and guess what?!?! I LEAVE FOR ALBUQUERQUE IN 4 DAYS! I cannot believe it. I am so excited to actually serve real people but I'm also extremely sad to leave my district family! 

I'm trying to remember all the good stuff that happened so once again bear with me. Oh okay so in the MTC you watch a Elder Bednars talk "Characteristics of Christ". You can only see it in the MTC so its pretty special but it really makes you reevaluate your life and strive to be a better, more Christ like person. Anyways my district watched it together last Sunday and now Elder Bednar is our super hero. Fast forward to this past Sunday and Elder Bednar was our surprise devotional!! It was so cool and he gave a really cool talk on getting the most out of general conference. 

I also gave my very first Relief Society lesson on the Holy Ghost. I accidentally went over time so that just shows how far I have come in the MTC. 

Sister Tinoco and I are quite the tag team here and we are really starting to understand and love our "investigators". We have been really humbled and every day we remind ourselves that we are just the mouth piece and the Holy Ghost does the teaching. We have had 3 investigators so far and we teach them all everyday and we also teach our teachers in class. Its super busy but it makes the days fly by. Sister Tinoco makes me sane here and I really don't know how I got her as a companion. Everyone else wonders that too. haha.


Sister Tinoco has been trying to teach me Spanish so she got me a "The Gospel in Spanish" book. Last night I read the entire book to her while she wrote her family and I got a little obsessed. I even decided to write  the History of Joseph Smith on the white board. Or should I say Jose Smith?;)

I am officially the senior sister training leader so I gave another tour to the new missionaries last night and it went a lot better than last weeks. Its crazy to see how nervous they are but I love to hug the sisters and tell them that this is exactly where they need to be. They probably think I'm psycho because I get way excited and cant control myself. 


This morning we went to the temple again and I had to wake up at 4:45. It was so worth it and the session gave me just what I needed to go into this next week. I have a huge testimony of temple work and the joy it brings people here on earth and after. 


This past week was a cry fest. Every time I talk about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ or The Plan of Salvation I cry...which is literally all the time. I blame my mom 100%. 

Sorry this email has been all over the place! Pdays are super stressful for me haha!

I love you all so much!!!

Sister Nye



















No comments:

Post a Comment