Thursday, October 6, 2016

Hi to all my best friends and family!! 

Today marks 9 days since I have been in the MTC and time is going by so fast! I have so much to say and who knows if I'll remember it all so bear with me!



I have been BLESSED with the best companion ever! Her name is Sister Tinoco and we instantly clicked which has made all this craziness so much easier! Many of you know all I wanted in my district was a few weirdos and awkward kids that I could laugh at(I am a terrible person and I am working on it) and I got it! I laugh 24/7 because of the things my district says but they are amazing people and I have have really grown to love all of them just like family. 

Last Thursday night my district met with the branch presidency and we received our assignments. I have been assigned as the sister training leader which doesn't mean much other than I am the welcoming committee to the new missionaries in my zone and "relief society pres", I pick who gives the relief society lesson and I conduct. So yesterday when the new missionaries showed up I got to take them on a tour with the zone leaders and I felt so bad... A girl in another zone threw up in the hallway right when I was showing my zone around. The poor thing was just so nervous that she had an upset stomach and then last night while the sisters in my room were journaling we got a knock on the door that security would be coming around are building because a new sister passed out and there WAS blood. Quite the eventful first day for everyone. 

I got super lucky to be in the MTC during general conference. Every session all the missionaries sat in the big gym and watched together. I have over 10 pages front and back of conference notes which is crazyyy. I used to just draw during conference. Having a missionary perspective made conference super powerful and I just wanted to absorb everything I could from all of our leaders. I loved how conference talked so much about joy! I know that we can receive true joy through Jesus Christ and I cannot wait to share the Gospel with the people in New Mexico.

So a lot of funny/amazing things have happened and I know it would be to much to write them all so I have picked a few of my favorites.

  • First I got the most Dear Elders in my district! Shout out to my mom, Barnard and my sister for making that possible. I felt pretty cool.
  • Yesterday I received a notice in the mail that I needed to get a flu shot and it ruined my day for about 5 minutes but my district told me to get over it and grow up. no sympathy. That's karma for not getting the shot before I got here.
  • Sister Tinoco and I had service at 6 AM yesterday and I found my new favorite hobby: cleaning scuff marks off tiles floors with a magic eraser. Guy there is nothing more satisfying.
  • My first few days here there was an Elder that is a little person who would come into my class everyday and shake my hand over and over. When sister Tinoco and I would be in our classroom studying alone Elder Beaulieu would poke his head in the door way and then a second later he would have his companion lift him up and he would poke his head into the door way a little higher. I know that probably doesn't make sense but I was on the floor crying from laughing so hard. 
  • This morning I got to go to the temple with my district and we had to wake up at 4:45 but it was so worth it. Seeing a group of 19 year old missionaries in the temple is priceless.
  •  I got to see my friend Thomas a couple days ago before he left for Japan. It was so nice to see a familiar face.

The last few nights Sister Tinoco and I have been working on our lessons for our investigator Katie and we miss dinner. Its worth it though because we went from the worst teachers to now we can actually work together and be on the same page.

The MTC is the most spiritual place next to the temple and getting to live here is unreal. I have grown so much in just a week so I cant imagine what will happen to me in the next 18 months. Guys I LOVE the gospel and the hope and happiness it brings me! I start tearing up every time we talk about the plan of Salvation because I am so thankful that I can live with my family forever! This Church rules!!
You are all in my thoughts and prayers!! I love you all soo much it hurts!!!

LOVE,
Sister Nye





No comments:

Post a Comment