Monday, October 31, 2016

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

El Paso has one season which is summer so I am really trying to adjust to 90 degree weather everyday. It actually feels really good to walk out of our apartment in the morning without a sweater or jacket!

This week has been super good and super discouraging but its all about perspective. I have only been here two weeks but have already started teaching 3 new investigators from the first lesson and all 3 have committed to baptism and we have their baptism dates set up. Here is a little run down on how they are doing.

S was taught Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity this week and took it like a champ. He had been drinking tea the entire lesson so when we told him tea was against the word of wisdom he put it down and didn't touch it until the end of the lesson when we walked to the trash can and threw it away. He told us he was done with coffee and tea and just wanted to follow Gods commandments and would do anything to be baptized. Honestly I love the Kid. He is 18 and has never had religion in his life and had really come to God and Jesus Christ on his own. We are just here to help him on the path.

B was also taught Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity this week and she told us that she went to a party and realized that drinking just wasn't the same as it used to be so decided to leave! That happened before we had our lesson with her! I was so stoked and I cannot believe how much the gospel has changed her life in just two weeks. She asked us yesterday if we would go shopping with her for church clothes. I love how willing she is and how excited she is to join the church! When we showed her the calendar with her baptism date she started crying which made me cry! 

M has been a struggle for the sister since July. He has the strongest testimony and knows the Book of Mormon is true he just wouldn't commit. Well this week he talked to Brenda and realized that he was holding himself back from more blessings. At our lesson on Wednesday we all pulled out our phone calendars and M chose December 7th and he said a prayer to see if that was the right day and he received the answer yes! The spirit was so strong and I couldn't stop smiling. 

Yesterday was hard because we were supposed to have 5 investigators at church but only one went and it wasn't to our ward. After Sacrament a member in our ward came up to us and told us he had people he wanted us to meet outside. We were super confused but followed him to the back of the building. Guys he brought his puppies!! I was so happy and it was so what I needed after our rough morning. I didn't want to let Ghost( little puppy) go. The Lord blesses us in weird ways but its always what we need.

The Church is so true. I stopped while we were walking this week and told Sister Hazen that I couldn't believe I was out in El Paso TX doing this. I wake up pretty much every morning and laugh because I get a reality check of where I am and what I am doing. I am so blessed to be able to share the restored gospel with the YSA in El Paso. It is such a joy and comfort to know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and he loves us all so much! 

I love you all and I hope you are all doing amazing things!!

LOVE,

SISTER NYE




Mexico

Mexico

Mexico


No comments:

Post a Comment