Monday, November 21, 2016

Hello everyone!!

Last week was so busy but so amazing! Two of our investigators got baptized on Saturday and received the Holy Ghost yesterday in church!

The first baptism was for Brenda at 2 pm. We started teaching her my first week out and it was so amazing to see her progress to baptism in 5 weeks! At church Yesterday she came up to us and told us a year ago she would have never thought she would be in El Paso getting baptized into the Mormon church, but here she is. We love her so much and cannot wait to see what the Gospel continues to do for her life. 

The second baptism was for Hilda at 8 pm. Hilda has been investigating the church for 5 years and I was just blessed enough to be here at the right time when she was finally ready to make that life change. My favorite memory from that day was right after she was baptized and I wrapped a towel around her, hugged her and we both cried because the spirit was so strong! I knew it was exactly what she had been waiting for. Sister Hazen and I had to rush home because of curfew but the whole day was so crazy but I don't know if I have ever been so happy!

Last night we went to the stake center because we are participating in the 2 day Nativity event just like they do in Seattle. We are going to be in the live Nativity and guess who is the main Angel? Yours truly. haha. Next week we get our costumes and I am so excited!

Sorry this email is short and all over the place! I hope you all know how much I love it down here! The Gospel is true and I know it is for everyone! 

Love 


Sister Nye

 The Sisters saw some stray dogs running around town and called to them.  They hopped right up into the car ready to go.  Luckily Sister Nye didn't take them home with her.





No comments:

Post a Comment