Monday, July 17, 2017

July Seventeenth Twenty-Seventeen

Hello everyone!!!! 

This week was insane!! I went on exchanges in a Spanish area that only rides bikes and first off my bike was very very broken. Two, a flippin' monsoon hit  and the water was up to mid calf and 3 I was wearing a giant black garbage bag. Not going to lie I looked pretty homeless. I wish I had gotten a picture of it but we didn't have time :( It was a lot of fun though. I was laughing the whole time and we had some pretty sweet lessons with investigators. We actually went to a trailer park and taught a lesson on the Book of Mormon and the peoples kids(didn't speak as good of Spanish) came home right at the time so I got to use my English skills and they got new investigators and then after we left the Hermana realized that was the wrong trailer and those weren't even the people we were supposed to teach. hahaha we are just assuming the spirit led us there. 

Yesterday we met with this man named Jorge. He has been taught by missionaries before but for some reason stopped progressing. He was awesome though. His Book of Mormon is super marked up and he told us he loved how it supported the bible and vice versa. We were able to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon and the spirit was so strong. Side note: the live action Book of Mormon Videos are coming out next fall and you can see pictures of it on lds.org. You're welcome.

Katherine received the Holy Ghost yesterday and she was glowing. A few of the members told us after church that they could see a difference in her. She looks so happy. 

The last two weeks we have been teaching sharing time and I love it. The kids are crazy and there aren't enough of them to split it into 2 hours so everyone was together. Last week we taught about honesty and at the beginning of sharing time yesterday we asked them if they remembered what we learned about in the previous week and the cute little sunbeams said "Jesus" and "Heavenly Father"... really good guesses... ahh they were so cute.

Oh and yesterday I was sitting at my desk studying and I felt water drops hit my arm. I looked up at the ceiling and there is a huge water spot and something was leaking. We quickly moved all of our stuff and called maintenance... they came while we were at church and I am 100% sure they did not fix anything. haha... So unfortunate and now we are leaving town so hopefully the ceiling doesn't cave in. 

This entire week has been an emotional roller coaster but there is nowhere else I would rather be than here in El Paso. I notice I was stress eating again haha. I was sitting in the van eating my bag of Hot Cheetos and cheese as quick as possible before a lesson and today I could not stop myself from buying a pack of Oreo's. Someone send me a health guide. This is a really bad place to live if you want to lose weight. I have no control when it comes to Mexican food. 

Sorry this email is all over the place. I promise to make it better next week.

 I love you all so much! 

Love Sister Nye





No comments:

Post a Comment