Monday, July 3, 2017

Happy 4th of July!!!

Hello Loved Ones!!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!! I opened my mission call exactly one year ago! I cannot believe a year has gone by!!! It is so weird to think how much has happened in a year. I will never get over the fact that I live in Texas.... oh boy...this place.

We had transfers this week and of course I am staying in El Paso but I got to go pick up the new sisters which meant I got to see my little Vasquez before they sent her up North to Albuquerque! I felt like I hadn't seen her in forever but it had only been 6 weeks.. so weird. The new Sister and Hermana that came into our zone are awesome! They are so ready to work. The new Hermana and her trainer are on bikes/walking. We don't know how they are doing it in this heat but they are finding and teaching like crazy! I look up to them so much! 

Last night we felt like we needed to go by a media referral from last transfer that told us she didn't want missionaries to come. She thought the free bible would be delivered in the mail so she was a little confused why we would come... we decided to go by anyways. It was perfect timing. She was outside with her dad talking. We gave her the Bible and she was really nice. We asked her how her week had been going and she broke down into tears. She told us that her friend had passed away the day before and her cousin was in the hospital. We were able to share a quick message on the plan of salvation and make a return appointment to teach the rest tonight. She told us she knew we were supposed to be there and that the Bible and Book of Mormon would help her. I cannot wait to go back and see her!

Katherine is getting baptized on Sunday!! We are so excited for her! She has been so fun to teach just because she was so prepared. No matter what the lesson or topic she would listen and take everything in. She always told us it just made sense. What a super star! 

I also just got an email from my recent convert Grecia and ahhhh it was so good. She went to a temple open house with the YSA ward and started temple prep. She is so excited and her whole email was about how much she loves the gospel. I love my mission. I love that I get to help some of Gods children here in El Paso find happiness!! It is the best feeling ever!!!

I love you all so much!!! 

love,
Sister Nye

My Little Vasquez!  

Last photo with Elder Richins...Goodbye district leader

The Fort Bliss service Crew

 Taking an important call during lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment