Saturday, August 26, 2017

8-21-17

I hope everyone is enjoying the solar eclipse. I literally have no idea what is going on... except last week I met a guy(kinda crazy) he told me that he hoped the eclipse was the second coming and that Christ was going to take him and leave us............ so that was fun.

preface: sorry if this email makes no sense. I had to write it quickly.

This was another great week! That man that walked into sacrament meeting is now on date for baptism in September. He is so prepared. Every time we meet with him he blows our minds with his questions and insight. We told him that he could receive the priesthood and he almost had a panic attack because he felt like he wasn't worthy of it. We discussed how perfection and worthiness are different things. No one on this earth is perfect but we can be worthy by following the steps Jesus Christ taught us. After that he felt way better. He was so excited to be able to be baptized and help his wife who has already passed. 

We had a stake potluck and and conference this weekend. All the missionaries here sang in the Sunday session. JJ wasn't feeling good so she didn't come but she gave us permission to take the boys(we got them a ride). They really enjoyed it and the only thing they put on their plates at the potluck was dessert so I'm pretty sure their mom is going to kill us when she finds out. Conference was on miracles and how they come by faith. It was a really good reminder that we need to be obedient to have miracles in our lives and in this work. I left feeling pretty humbled and self evaluating what I could do to become a better servant of the Lord. I came to the conclusion that I should probably work on everything... haha. 

We are no more a trio. Sister Hay got her new companion on Friday night and its sister Hazen! It so cool to have her back down in El Paso. I'll be able to go on exchanges with her so I'm pumped! Being over two areas that were far apart was a little tricky but is was cool to serve in some of the places I had been to in YSA and I got to see a lot of my friends from there. I went to a wedding and reception for two YSA couples back in January and April and I saw both of them this week and both of them are expecting. It is so weird how quickly everything is changing. 


I love you all so much!! I hope you have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Nye



the only picture of our trio.... 

exchanges with hermana Rinderknecht this week :) 

PLATE FULL OF DESSERTS 



No comments:

Post a Comment