Monday, August 28, 2017

AUGUST 28, 2017

Hello Everyone!

This week was crazy and busy but so fun! Mike, Will, JJ and the boys are doing awesome. Will Rambo is the sweetest old man. We taught him more about temples and family history this week and he has grasped onto it so quickly. He started filling out his family tree so this Wednesday we can put it all onto Family search. Our progressing investigators amaze me. They are so prepared! All of them keep their commitments and they are such examples to me. 

We got a referral for a guy this week who wanted a bible. We went by to his grandmas apartment where he is staying to drop it off and had a really cool lesson with him. He is on house arrest and just got out of prison. He is currently waiting to hear if he is going back for 35 years-life. Needless to say everything that is going on in his life has really humbled him. He kept telling us how much he wanted God in his life and that although he couldn't change the things he has done in the past that he wanted to feel the peace that comes from the gospel. Before this last time he was in prison his girlfriend had been learning from missionaries and he would pick up on some of the things the missionaries would teach her and it really helped him these last couple of months. When I first talked to him on the phone I was really judging him but after I met him I felt so guilty for the way I had put labels on him. He is still a child of God and its not our place to judge them. Thanks Mosiah 4. 

AHHH I love to see the gospel of Jesus Christ working in peoples lives. You can physically see their appearance change. We heard a talk in church yesterday about the plan of salvation and although I hear it almost every day it still gives me the same peaceful feeling when I think about how much God loves us. My favorite scripture to share this week was in Romans

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
I know that we are all heirs of God and that one day we will recieve all the blessing that he has instore for us. 

I love you all!!

Love,

Sister Nye

No comments:

Post a Comment