Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017

Hello everyone I love!!!

This week was so good! The first week of the transfer was hit off with a bang!! Last transfer was literally the biggest struggle to find new investigators and it was getting discouraging but Sister Olson and I made goals to find 5 investigators every week and we were determined to reach it! On Saturday we were still at zero news. We had a pretty hectic week but we knew if we relied on the Lord, prayed and worked hard we would be able to meet our goal. In the matter of an hour we found 4 new investigators and they are really solid. On Sunday we needed to find one more and a random man came into our sacrament meeting and holy molly was he prepared. He told us he has been going around to different churches but he can't seem to find one that is about Heavenly father and Jesus Christ. His wife had passed away 5 months ago and before sacrament he told us he was looking for answers about resurrection because he wants to know his wife will be okay. NOT EVEN KIDDING THE FIRST TALK WAS ABOUT HOW DEATH HAS NO STING!!! Right after sacrament he was so happy. It was like all of his questions had been answered! In gospel principles the teachers turned the time over to us to teach him the restoration and he loved it. We are meeting with him again tomorrow.
 
 As he left he told us the people were so kind and he loved that the focus was on Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! Miracles are happening down here and it is so cool to witness them! We were able to hit our goal for 5 new investigators and we have the faith to find again this week!

Another miracle JJ and the boys are on date for the 26th of August! At church yesterday she leaned over to AJ (6 year old) and before he put the bread in his mouth she asked him "are you going to change this week to become more like Christ?" he said yes and he popped it in his mouth. It was one of those moments that I knew I was in the right place. Heavenly Father is preparing so many of His Children. JJ has the strongest testimony. I have learned so much from her. She asked us for the gospel principle book last week and when we went by she had already started the first couple chapters and highlighted every page! She is GOLDEN!

I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve! I love my mission! I love my Savior and everything he has and continues to do for me! 

I love you all so much!! I hope you have a great week!!!

Love,

Sister Nye



Sister Vasquez just sent me this picture. Its my mission family. This may sound super confusing but I'm going to write it anyway. 
From left to right:
My granddaughter, daughter (holding a picture of me and her), grandma, aunt, mother, sister cousin.


No comments:

Post a Comment