Monday, August 7, 2017

8-7-17

Hello everyone! We got transfer news last Saturday night and Sister Olson and I are staying together for a third transfer here in the 4th Ward. A lot of our zone is getting switched around though so its been a couple crazy days saying goodbye to the missionaries that are leaving. Sister Olson and I are really excited to stay here and keep working.

We got to go up to the temple on Saturday with our youth and two recent converts to do baptisms for the dead. I haven't done proxy baptisms forever so I was really excited + I did family names for the first time in my life! WOOHOO. I love the temple so much. The spirit is so strong there and I felt so much peace knowing that my ancestors were able to receive those ordinances. Yesterday one of the recent convert youth bore his testimony on the temple and it was so simple but really powerful. He talked about the excitement he felt as he got to be apart of this work. I second that... I am so grateful to be on my mission.

Last night we had a stake musical fireside. All 42 missionaries on the east side of El Paso got to come and sing Joseph Smiths First Prayer. We had a really good turn out and holy molly there are so many talented singers down here. A Polynesian  family hosted and conducted the fireside and each one had the prettiest voices.... One of them spoke Hawaiian for a little bit and I may have day dreamed about going on a vacation for a few seconds.

For some reason I was having a really hard time yesterday. I was feeling down and being hard on myself. and I kept praying to feel peace. While sitting in sacrament meeting I opened Doctrine and covenants to one of my favorite scriptures. 

In section 6 it says...

34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.
I instantly knew that Heavenly Father had heard my prayer. My attitude took a 180 degree turn and I felt the love of God and my Savior. I know this church is true. Each and every day I gain more and more of an assurance that there is a plan for each of us and that Heavenly father knows what we need. The Savior told us not to fear. He has taken care of everything and all we have to do is try our very best to become like him. 

I love you all so much!

Love,

Sister Nye




No comments:

Post a Comment