Tuesday, January 23, 2018

January 22, 2018

Hello everyone!!! 

How is everyone doing?? I had such a good week and it went so fast & it was just crazy. Time is flippin flying. AHHH. I pick up the new sister this Wednesday and we are staying in Woodmont and YSA. I am so excited to get her and serve with her! I hope she likes me... everyone pray for that. I am so excited! My dear sister Peterson is headed down toooo.... EL PASO YSA! Not gonna lie I was a little jealous. I felt homesick for El Paso when she got her transfer call. So weird. I used to think that place was so weird and now I love it with all my heart. I am so grateful too because she can go check on all my recent converts there. It all seems pretty perfect!

This weekend we had stake conference and the Saturday night session was so good. There were 3 speakers who had previously been inactive for one reason or another and they talked about their experience and what brought them back and then they were "interviewed" by one of the stake presidency and asked questions about their testimonies and some insight on what we can do as members to help all of our brothers and sisters, less active or not. The main theme was that we need to stay away from any judgement and just love each other. I don't think there was one dry eye in the room. I felt so inspired and motivated to serve. We never know what others are going through, even the ones that seems to be living perfect lives. That is something I have really learned out her... no one has a perfect life and everyone goes through really hard things. BUT thankfully we live in the fullness of the gospel and although life can be the worst sometimes their is always hope for a better day or time to start over and be whoever you want to be. Man, Christ is the best. I love him with all my heart and I cannot comprehend how much he loves us and how much our Heavenly Father loves us. 

We also did some other fun things this week like painted a big mustacheless Mario for our investigators Natasha's sons 4th birthday party.  It was a fun service project and it looked pretty good. We got to go to the party and the kids had a blast pinning the mustache on Mario. 

Our new YSA ward is doing awesome! You can tell the new bishopric is overwhelmed haha but they are doing well. We still have no callings but everyone is willing to take any assignment until real callings are made. There are way more people now so a lot more possibility for people to teach which is cool because YSA is the best and we got two of our investigators on date for the upcoming month! Its also funny because we share the ward with another set of elders.  Elder Andersons companion got called as AP so he has been alone with us in the YSA. We have to check all his texts and I made a joke that we were a trio and he did not think it was as funny as me... he might have said my comment made him feel disobedient. oops. haha. 

Well I love you all so much! I hope you have the best week ever!!!

Love

Sister Nye




No comments:

Post a Comment