Monday, January 29, 2018

Bill Nye the Science Guy

Hello Everyone,
Sister Peterson headed down to El Paso last week and I picked up Sister Guy. You would not believe the amount of jokes we have gotten this week about our names. Honestly they are so close it trips me out sometimes and I feel like I am saying my name wrong. 

Sister Guy is super sweet and fun! I love how willing she is to work. The first lesson I took her to was for our investigator Brandon on the word of wisdom and law of chastity. She handled it like a total champ. I don't know how she does it but she has soaked everything up like a sponge and kills it in lessons. 

My brain is all over the place so I will just share one of my favorite experiences from this week. 
We were meeting with our investigator Felicia who we put on date last week for March 3rd but she seemed really hesitant about it. Well we were teaching her about tithing and fasting this week and the whole lesson I just kept having the impression that we need to invite her to be baptized on February 24th which made no sense because A. it was a week earlier and she was already on the fence about baptism and B. it was a week earlier so what difference would that make... haha. Well I couldn't handle it anymore and I asked her and you could see something change about her. It was like her eyes lit up. She agreed and told us she would fast about the date. She was so much more willing to be baptized with this new date. I still don't fully understand why but I know that our Heavenly Father knows her and knows what she needs. I am grateful for the spirit and the major role he plays in this work. 
Oh also we got to go to the temple with Johnny this week to do baptisms for the dead! It was so cool. Johnny asked me to be baptized for his grandma and he is the one that got to baptize me! The spirit was so strong. I loved to be able to do that for him and for his grandma. He was so grateful and then on top of that he was able to bless the sacrament yesterday! Woohoo! He is progressing! 

Which reminds me! Killian and Buddy are both preparing to go through the temple and I just got word that Killian received his patriarchal blessing yesterday which is awesome. Everyone seems to be doing really good. 

I think I have already written about this before but it is so cool to be at this point in my mission and see my converts doing awesome! The church is so true and I have seen it bless so many lives!!! I am grateful to know that God watches out for us and he wants to bless us. That is literally what gets me through every week and especially when nothing seems to be going right. I know God has a plan and we don't need to worry. I love this gospel. I love what is does for each of us and the joy it brings. I love my Savior so much! I have done a lot of pondering the last couple weeks and I know without a doubt I would not be where I am without my Heavenly Father and Savior.

I hope you all have a great week! 

I love you all so much!!
Love
sister Nye




No comments:

Post a Comment