Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy 2017 everybody! 

This was a super awesome week and lots of great things happened!

First off we have two baptisms this week and we are so excited! Both Killian and Buddy are so prepared and ready for this next step in their life. 

Our greatest miracle last week was a former investigator who messaged us telling us she was ready to learn more! Her name is Sahlma and she is so sweet. She stopped investigating originally because her mom told her she wasn't allowed to come to our church. The first lesson we had with her last week she told us that she didn't feel as close to God as she had when she was attending out church and she wanted to feel that again. We had another lessons with our investigator Eric right after one of Sahlma's lessons and we told her she could stay if she wanted. We were going over the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Eric so we were just going to read 2 Nephi 31. She decided to stay and I am so glad because on the last two verses it was her turn to read and as she read she started crying and said "I think I just got my testimony". Everyone was tearing up. It was so special. On Sunday night at the end of her lesson she said "Can I ask you a question? Will you pray for me to know what day I should be baptized?" uhhh heck ya we will! She want's to be baptized this month and she told us she knows this church is true. I am so happy for her and she has been such a blessing.

Yesterday our mission president had us stay inside for what he called "A day with the Lord". It started right when we woke up at 6:30. We had to open an envelope that told us what to do and it said "Open up your brand new paper back book of Mormon and start reading all the way through. If you don't finish at 10:30 when you go to bed text me what page you ended on and we will council what you should do." I sat in the same chair for 16 hours yesterday reading. The only time I got up was at 6 PM when the pizza delivery guy came. I think  I didn't finish...I only got to page 354 but I was so exhausted. I caught myself reading the same verse for like 25 minutes. 

I want everyone to send me their New years resolutions! Mine comes from Moroni 7:45, to have charity but specifically to think no evil and endure everything with a positive attitude. 

And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I LOVE you all so much! I know 2017 is going to be a great year!  

Your favorite Sister,

Sister Nye

This is a picture of the puzzle I finished this week while on my lunch breaks each day!



No comments:

Post a Comment