Monday, January 30, 2017

Hello everyone!

I cannot believe January is almost over... where did it go? We are already halfway through this transfer and each week flies by.

We started teaching 3 new investigators and all of them are solid. Grecia, Yoselin and Mckinley all referrals from members. Each one has already had a lot of interaction with the church and 2 of them in our first visits told us they wanted to be baptized! I am so thankful for the members here. Tonight we are going out with everyone for FHE to find less actives and invite them to come to our activities. We have seen a lot of success with it in other wards so we cant wait to give it a try.

Eric is still doing really good. We are waiting to hear back about his baptism/probation situation but he could not be more of an example to me! He has been paying tithing ever since we taught it to him 3 months ago and he hasn't skipped a week of church yet. He got a new job and they wanted him to work Sundays but as we were reading the scriptures with him last week he read a verse in Mosiah that said we should keep the Sabbath day holy. Right then he picked up his phone and called his manager to get Sunday off and his manager said okay. It was the sweetest tender mercy. I learn so much from him and he glows now. I wish I had more pictures to share of him but from when I first met him to now he looks like a totally different person. 

I'm sure a lot of you have heard about the change in the mission field that was announced in the missionary broadcast and I wont go into detail but I think it is so awesome! As our zone watched the broadcast together everyone gasped when they announced the change in key indicators. lol. The leaders of the church are giving us more agency and trust. As missionaries we have to be a lot more accountable for our work. I think we are going to see a lot more convert baptisms around the world. 

I love you all! 

love,
Sister Nye




















No comments:

Post a Comment