Monday, May 15, 2017

Goodbye YSA

Hello Loves,

Where do I even begin? This has been such a crazy week but wow it ended even crazier! So many things.....

First, Nelly got baptized! Holy smokes what a miracle! She was supposed to have her baptism interview on Tuesday but it had to be cancelled and rescheduled for Thursday at 5 but there was an emergency inspection of the barracks on fort bliss so we rescheduled for 7:30 and then we got a call from Nelly saying they found cocaine in the barracks and they were not allowed to leave at all. I was panicking (maybe laying on the floor in the institute building) and our ward mission leader was throwing out ideas like have a face-time interview! Long story short our mission president approved it and Nelly was able to be interview by our District leader while she was still on base. The next day she was baptized and all the stress and worry was worth it! I love her so much and I know she is going to make a huge impact on so many people.

Second, we had a tarantula in our apartment on the wall by Sister V's bed. I have never been so terrified in my life. We got the Elders that live in our apartment complex to come get it before district council. Elder Kirkham picked it up with his hands and brought it to the meeting. It was soooo gross. (Pictures will be included)

Third, on Saturday I got the Transfer call! I am...staying in El Paso. hahaha. I am being moved to a family ward on the East side of the mountain which is funny because as the YSA missionaries we covered that area too so it wont be to big of a change. I was called to be a Sister Training Leader which is awesome because I get to go on exchanges with all the Sisters and Hermanas! My new companion is Sister Olsen and I have been told she is funny and crazy so I am sure we will work well together! haha. 

I cannot put into words how thankful I was to talk to my family yesterday. they are all doing so good and I miss them so much. Afterwards when we were driving to our dinner I could not comprehend that I had just talked to them and seen them face to face. It felt like a dream! I was blessed with the absolute best family! 

It is so weird that I wont be in YSA anymore. My brain can't comprehend it. As I was packing last night is felt surreal. I am so thankful for the months I got to serve here. Even up until this last week I had so many things that I needed to learn from the members in this ward. 

Well next time I email I will be in a library 30 minutes away from the library I am currently at! I can't wait to let you all know what happens this week!

I love you so much!!!

Love,

Sister Nye





 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment