Monday, May 1, 2017

Hello Lovely family & friends,

This week was good and hard. We have been working with so many great people but the adversary is using all of his sneaky tricks to stop their progress. I don't want to dwell on that though because there is no need. I'd rather write about the good things that happened this week!

On Monday we got a text from one of our ward members letting us know that he set up and appointment with us for his friend Nelly. Earlier in the day he had been "thinning out" his wallet and needed to get rid of the 3 Prince of Peace cards we had given him. He gave two to his friends and one dropped on the floor and guess who picked it up? NELLY! She asked what it was and it gave our member a reason to talk about our church and he drew the plan of salvation for her. She was super interested and wanted to meet. That night we taught her the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ and she loved it. The next night we met with her again and she had actually ready the introduction and 1 Nephi 1 like we had invited her to do(this rarely gets done). The plan of salvation clicked with her and she asked to meet again. So on Thursday we meet with her and she brought her friend Dean who is a non practicing Christian. Before we say the opening prayer Nelly says "I don't even care that Dean is here or what he will think. I want to move forward and be baptized!" I think my jaw dropped. Sister V and I were speechless. Long story short she is on date for May 12th and she is so excited. She came to church yesterday and loved it. One of my favorite things about Nelly is how she asks questions. She will say "What do WE believe about ____?" and "What do WE do when ____?" I love that she uses the word "we" and she already considers herself part of this church...ahh she makes me so happy.

Sister V and I spoke in church this week. I talked about the Prince of Peace and missionary work. You would not believe how much I cried. I am truly my mothers daughter. In the first 5 seconds of being at the pulpit I looked at everyone in the congregation and started crying. It all hit me that I have been serving these people for 7 months and I'm pretty sure in 2 weeks I will be transferred. I love this ward so much and everything that they have done for me. 

I hope everyone is doing well. When things get hard I think about all of you and it makes me feel better. I am always praying for you and hoping the best. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and although it can be so hard we need to rely on him and his timing.(that is my goal this week)

I love you all. 

Sister Nye



No comments:

Post a Comment