Monday, May 22, 2017

We're not in YSA anymore...

HELLOOO EVERYONE!

I have officially moved 30 miles down the free way but let me tell you, family wards are a whole other party. I had totally forgotten what it was like to be in a big family ward with babies and grandparents. It feel just like the Issaquah 1st ward but the Mexican version. 

My new companion is Sister Olson and she is soooo funny and so hard working. We started laughing as soon as we saw each other and we haven't stopped since. She is from West Haven Utah and has been out a transfer longer than me. Thank goodness she has already been serving in the area for 2 transfers because dang there is so much to know. The first day was a little overwhelming. I haven't ever worked with so many different lists in the mission and memorizing the area is not going as smoothly as I would have hoped but I know I'll figure it out by the time I leave. 

It has been a lot of fun to teach every age group and families... ahhh I love it. We started teaching a family we met this week and the 12 year old daughter is so prepared and ready to follow Jesus Christ and the parents aren't to far behind. Jackie (12 year old) told us she felt so much peace and love. I just wanted to cry the spirit was so strong. This was just a family we went up to talk to on their porch so I know all of you have friends that are ready to hear this message. 

One of our investigators is David. He is in his 60's and I'm pretty sure was in some sort of biker gang. I don't know why but we just became instant friends as soon as we met. He is so sassy which makes it fun because then I can be sassy back. David knows the Book of Mormon is true and that the church has been restored. His only hold up is that he doesn't want to pray about baptism because he says God will tell him when he is ready and he doesn't need to worry about it. I personally think he is just a little scared but that he has already gotten his answer to be baptized. 

Sorry this email has been a weird one. My brain is kinda all over the place. haha. 

I love you all so much!!!!
Love,

Sister Nye





The picture of sister Vasquez is monumental. My STL's took it on our last day together when sister V put her hand on my shoulder (which was the closest she has ever gotten to me.) hahaha. 



Sorry Denise for the pictures. This was a recent converts home and they told us we had to hold the snakes. I was laughing so hard when it was on Sister Olson's head. It was disgusting and afterward the son found snake skin in my hair >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment