Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Happy Fall Y'all

Hey loved ones!

I hope everyone has been having a blast this week and got spiritually fed and uplifted from general conference!

We have been meeting with some really awesome and prepared people.  I want to share two of my favorite miracles. 

We started teaching a man named Sam who is married to a member. His wife was less active but she decided she needed to go back to church and bring the kids. Sam told her he would only go to church if it was in English. That's how they ended up at our ward. We started teaching him and at first he was sooo uninterested. He liked us but didn't care to much for the message. We taught him about his identity and gave him the Book of Mormon. We committed him to read and he actually did it. Our next lesson we expected it to be average, nothing spectacular but man did it go so much better. We were teaching him the plan of salvation and towards the middle of the lesson he told us that his life has changes and he can feel the difference the gospel has brought into his life. He asked when he could get baptized and their 8 year old daughter told us she wanted to get baptized as well. Ever since that night there has been the most amazing light coming from their family. 

I was on exchanges with one of the new Hermanas, Hna bishop and we felt like we should go stop by this less active mom. We actually caught her at home while she was visiting her neighbors. We were able to share a message with all of them and Hna Bishop says the most clever line "hey I'm just learning Spanish and I would love if I could say a prayer in Spanish right now and after you guys can tell me what to work on." The group was super open to the idea and loved the prayer. The less active mom told us she wanted us to start teaching her kids so we went into the house and started teaching the kids and now they all want to be baptized as well. I know Heavenly Father is guiding us to His children who are ready to here the message that we share. 

I'm thankful for the prophets and apostles. The messages they shared this past weekend have already helped me so much. I know that God speaks to his children today. He wants us to know our identity and the blessings that we can receive if we follow his plan for us. I hope each of you know how much God and our Savior Jesus Christ love you.  

I love you all and I miss you like crazy. I cant believe I have been out a year. Time is going so fast! I love all the miracles I get to see. I know this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. 

Love,

Sister Nye


No comments:

Post a Comment