Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30, 2017

HOLY COW THIS WEEK WAS PSYCHO!

Lots of crazy things happened but I wanted to share my favorite experience from this week. So we started teaching the Lowe Family last week and after a really awesome first lesson they all accepted to be baptized on November 25th. This past week when we went over we taught the plan of salvation and the spirit was so strong in the room. The 15 year old son Isaiah was speechless as we talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ and what that meant for him. We asked what he was feeling and he told us he was so grateful but he wanted to pay Christ back for that sacrifice. He didn't understand how someone could love him so much and care so much about his eternal welfare. We felt prompted at the end of the lesson to show them a picture of sealing room in the temple. We told them Heavenly Father wanted their family to be sealed forever. Victoria, the mom, said that is exactly what they wanted and their goal as a family was to make it to the temple. We all got on our knees to pray and each of them said a prayer asking God if this is what he wanted for their family. Each of them got the answer yes. There was so much peace in that room. I left so grateful for Gods plan of happiness. I know Heavenly Father loves us an although life is not always easy it is worth it. Every trial is for our progression.

Sister Hay and I got called to train a new missionary together so tomorrow we will go pick up the new sister at the transfer sight. We are so excited welcome her into this crazy life as a missionary.  I have never been in a trio before but I am hoping for the best. 

I love you all! And I am praying for you!

Love,

Sister Nye

Picture of Hermana Thompson who is going home tomorrow and I in Albuquerque
(hence the tree in the background)

MLC in Albuquerque 10/23/17






No comments:

Post a Comment