Monday, October 23, 2017

October 23, 2017

Hello everyone!!!

Some crazy deja vu has been occurring since I have been on my mission for over a year. Every once in awhile I will reflect on where I was a year ago and I realize I was still in El Paso, doing the same things, wearing the same clothes and talking about the same message. No complaints. I love El Paso and I am so grateful to be here.

This week was another roller coaster(hmm I think I say that same line every week) well it was and I am so tired but so happy......but so tired haha. Will Rambo is out of the hospital and recovering super well. We called him yesterday to see if he would be at church and he was already there an hour early. He was sustained and received the Aaronic priesthood. I love that guy.

Our investigators are doing really good. We have a couple awesome part member families that have moved in that are miracles. The Lowe family moved in this week from the west side. Brother Lowe was baptized in August but after some unfortunate events had to move without his wife and 2 kids getting baptized. We were able to start teaching the family and they are preparing to be baptized on November 25th. The 12 year old daughter asks really good questions for instance my favorite question she asked was "why don't dogs have to be baptized?" I think I could have been having the worst day ever and that question would have cheered me up! haha. They want to be sealed together and all of them have a testimony with a foundation of Jesus Christ and eternal families. 

I cannot express how grateful I am for my Savior. A lot of really random hard things were thrown at us and the zone this week. I feel like I have learned a lot more about what it means so 

Classic sister Nye story for the week:
I was on exchanges with Hna Beamer on Thursday and we were going to have dinner with my relief society president Sister Sanchez(Literally the Hispanic version of my mom). She was on the phone talking to one of her councilors about super Saturday that was taking place on Saturday. They sounded super stressed so I asked if there was anything we could help and no joke Sister Sanchez turned to me so quick and asked if I would be in charge of teaching one of the crafts....of course I said yes because.....I love crafts. That turned into us going to Joanne's and getting popsicle sticks for Christmas ornaments. Now something you should know about my companion sister Hay, she hates crafts and if she had been there she would have slapped me haha. Anyways we had to figure out how to make the ornaments and on Saturday we taught all the women how to do it from 9-1. It was a great day and my companion couldn't do anything about it. Ay that makes me sound like a terrible person.

I love you all! 

Love,
Sister Nye

Pictures:
-Sister Hays pumpkin(angel Moroni/mormon.org) My pumpkin(NM/TX flags)

-Sister Arthur did self portraits of us

-My trio for the day. Hna Beamer and Hna Openshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment