Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October 10, 2017

Hello loved ones!!! 

It has been the busiest couple of weeks! I don't have any idea what day it is and sometimes when I wake up in the morning I forget where I am. You would think after being in El Paso a whole year I would remember by now...but nope. Still the same Hayley. 

Well some really really sweet things are happening for instance last night we went over to meet with Sam and Claudia to finish teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and recap the word of wisdom because on Saturday we found out he smokes a pack of cigarettes a day so to make his baptismal date he has to quit at least by this weekend. 
-Bio on Sam: His wife Claudia is a member. They have 3 kids. Sam is getting baptized on October 28th with their daughter Xochi. When we first started meeting with him he didn't even know if God was there. 
So last night he starts telling us how he doesn't know what is going on but he feels different. He felt like he was finding hope in Jesus Christ. He opened up the Book of Mormon and started reading Ether 12:27
“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”
He had tears rolling down his face and told us he couldn't believe how far he has come and to be honest neither could we. His wife had the biggest smile on her face. I haven't seen such a quick big change my entire mission. Sam is really repenting and seeing the blessings that come from it.

Yesterday we had zone conference and we gave a "training" on using the Book of Mormon to teach of Christ. The training needed to be a 20 minute scripture chase haha. It ended up pretty good but what I loved was preparing for it. I love the Book of Mormon. Most of you know I'm not the worlds biggest fan of reading but I could read the Book of Mormon over and over. As I studied this week looking for specific gospel principles for the chase I was so overwhelmed with just how much the book talks of Christ. Literally every page speaks of Him and helps us to come closer to Him. If there is anything that has come from my mission it is my testimony of this book. I know it is true with all of my heart and I will never be able to deny it. I am grateful for Nephi, Jacob, Mormon, Moroni and all the other faithful prophets that sacrificed so much so that we would have knowledge of our Savior. I know Jesus lives and loves each of us so much!! 

You are all in my prayers! I hope you have a great week full of fun!! 

Love,
Sister Nye

1: Chamizal and El Paso zone sisters

2 and 3: Sister Hazen and Elder Neild(original west side El Paso crew)


4: morning hike

Pit bull puppy

Zone Conference













No comments:

Post a Comment